Nowadays it is not enough to publish a photo or a video on instagram and that’s it. With so many creative editing features – both within the app and through third-party tools – the only way to highlight among the masses is to give your content a bit of dynamism. And one of the best ways to do it is adding music. Read on to learn how to add music to an Instagram video, with and without apps.
Where to get music for Instagram videos
Before we dive into where to find cool music and background beats for your Instagram posts and StoriesIt is important to note that Instagram will ban any video that is posted with unlicensed music.
If you’re posting a video to your Instagram Stories, you can use the Instagram app’s music library, which we’ll get into later, but if you’re posting a video in your feed, you will have to go back to check where your music comes from. Also, you should always give the artist credit when using their work.
Below we have listed some options to get music that is legal and that it does not take you to the Instagram jail.
If you don’t want to search your iTunes library and prefer a cheaper way to find good songs, check out AudioJungle. It has a wide selection of royalty-free music that you can easily download starting at just $ 1 per track.
Another good website for finding royalty-free music is Incompetech, which allows you to browse genres like mystery, electronics, and modern cinema, to find the perfect background song for your Instagram video. And while there are tracks available for purchase, many songs on the site are available for free.
How to add music to an Instagram post
Unlike Stories, there is currently no in-app music feature for Instagram posts. So if you want to add an interesting track to your new video, you will have to use a third-party app before publishing it.
Add music to a video post with Tempo
Tempo is a free video editing app with cool filters and transition effects, plus a music library full of free licensed music that you can add to your videos. Here’s how to use Tempo to add a track to your video post on Instagram:
- Open the Tempo app.
- Press the video button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Press the video button at the top left of the screen.
- Select the clips you want to use.
- Press the orange check mark.
- Press the music button at the bottom of the screen.
- Open the music library.
- Scroll to the song you want to use.
- Tap on Use.
- Select the audio below to trim or edit it. (You will need to make sure the video is less than 60 seconds long to post to your Instagram feed.)
- Press Save and select the export size.
- Press the Instagram button to share to Instagram.
- Select Open.
- Select Publish.
- Publish your Instagram post.
Tempo is free to download and use for a three-day trial period, but afterwards you have to sign up for a paid subscription to access its functions.
Add music to an Instagram post with “Add Background Music To Video “
Another app that lets you add background music to your Instagram videos is a very useful tool with a self-explanatory name: Add Background Music To Video. Although this application does not have a massive library of songs for you to choose from, it is free to use and is compatible with iTunes or any other MP3 file library that you have downloaded.
Here’s how to use it:
- Open Add Background Music To Video.
- Press Start.
- Select the video or videos you want to use.
- Click Next in the upper right corner.
- Give your video a project name and select the Square aspect ratio.
- Tap Create at the top right of the screen.
- Tap Music at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose one of the free tracks or import your music.
- Add any other editing to your video, including trimming to less than 60 seconds.
- Press the share button at the top right of the screen.
- Select your resolution and hit Save.
- Open Instagram.
- Press the + icon at the bottom center of the screen.
- Select Publish.
- Choose your video and post it as you normally would.