(CNN) — The Corona Capital music festival indicated this Monday that its eleventh edition will take place on November 20 and 21, 2021 at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez in Mexico City.
This marks the return of the festival after it was canceled in 2020 due to the covid-19 pandemic.
Likewise, this Corona Capital would be the first massive music festival to take place in Mexico City since March 2020, when the 21st edition of the Vive Latino Ibero-American Musical Culture Festival was held. amid growing coronavirus fears.
– Corona Capital (@CoronaCapital) September 13, 2021
In a statement, Corona Capital indicated that, to announce his return, several efforts had to be added, including vaccination against covid-19 in Mexico City and the commitment of the promoters of the concert to apply sanitary measures.
The festival commented that it has been vaccinated against “to a large number of people” in the Mexican capital. According to local government figures Updated to Friday, September 10, 90% of the 7.1 million adults in Mexico City already had their first dose of the vaccine, while 55% of the total had a complete vaccination schedule.
“We are very excited because we have found the interest and trust of the most important bands on the international circuit to play in Mexico (…). In this long-awaited return, our top priority is to provide a safe sanitary environment,” assured Corona Capital in the statement.
What will be the sanitary measures of Corona Capital?
Mandatory requirements to enter the festival
- Ticket, official identification and proof of complete vaccination. The latter may be the one issued by the Mexican authority or also by foreign authorities.
- If you do not have the vaccination certificate for any reason, you can replace it with a negative covid-19 test, which must be from a private laboratory authorized by the festival.
- “This test, whether for antigens or PCR, must have been applied a maximum of 72 hours before the day you want to enter,” indicated Corona Capital.
- The festival commented that in the near future they will announce the laboratories for the covid-19 tests.
- Regardless of age, proof of vaccination or negative test must be presented, in addition to the ticket and official identification.
Other mandatory requirement
- The mask should be used throughout the concert, regardless of your vaccination status.
- You will be allowed to temporarily remove the mask when consuming food and beverages.
- The festival requests that, with everything and a mask on, you only have communication with your companions within the festival.
In the access
- The temperature of all festival goers will be taken.
- Even if you are vaccinated, you will not be able to enter the Corona Capital if your temperature is high.
Inside the festival
- You can find stations for hand washing and application of disinfectant gel. Remember that this point on hygiene has been one of the most important during the pandemic.
- You will be asked to keep healthy distance in designated food shopping and restroom areas.
Do not go to the festival in these cases
- If “you have fever, shortness of breath, muscle or throat pain, fatigue, loss of sense of smell or taste, headache, as well as any other covid-19 symptom in the 48 hours before the festival,” explained Corona Capital.
- Also, do not go to the concert if you tested positive for covid-19 in the last 14 days before the festival, or if you were in contact with a person positive for the disease in the same period.
In addition to these measures, Corona Capital indicated that health protocols may change based on official recommendations, for which it recommended stay informed on your website.