Malagá, emblematic city of the culture of southern Europe, is preparing for the meeting for professionals from the international and national music industry AMF. The door to the Mediterranean for Europe and Latin America: Andalucía Music Forum (AMF) “The International Music Industry Meeting in Southern Europe”.
AMF is the PRO part of the Andalusia Big by Mad Cool global project, in a Forum format with meetings, panels with current and innovative content, conversations/interviews with world leaders in the music industry, workshops given by professionals.
It is the ideal space for professionals from Andalusia and the rest of Spain to have the opportunity to establish personal, professional and business relationships with major representatives of the international industry.
AMF announced the first batch of “speakers” that will participate during the three days of Andalucía Music Forum. We will have the invaluable assistance and participation of:
- Chucky García, artistic programmer of Rock al Parque, the largest festival in Latin America, and with 25 years of experience in the audiovisual and musical sector in Colombia.
- Raye Cosbert, director of Metropolis Music with a musical career so extensive that it has led him to work with Bjork, Tyler The Creator, Charlie CCX or Gorillaz, among others.
- Rob Challice, director of Wasserman Music Group, with more than 40 years of experience in the music industry as an agent, promoter and festival organizer.
- Alexandra Ampofo is part of Live Nation’s music promoter Metropolis Music and has worked on tours for artists such as Robbie Willliams, Mura Masa and Lauryn Hill, among others.
- Diana Dadanova, music promoter who is part of Ukraine Music Export, an independent initiative that promotes and supports Ukrainian artists internationally.
- Cindy Castillo, Mad Cool Festival, has over 20 years of experience in the live music industry as a manager, agent and booker. Not only has she developed the careers of many artists, but she has also been an active part of the festival since its inception.
- Sergio Arbeláez, director of the International Music Fair in Mexico (FIMPRO) and with more than 15 years of experience as a cultural manager.
- Camilo Lara, musical producer for film, television, video games and founder of the Mexican Institute of Sound project.
- Carlos Mc Phail, promoter and current director of the Bicentennial Park, one of the most important spaces in Mexico City where musical shows are performed.
- Ana Rodríguez, president of the International Music Managers Forum and representative of the Mexican band Troker.
- Malfi Dorantes, founder of MalfiCo, the first Mexican agency specializing in media and public relations for music projects.
- Fran Sandoval, in charge of the management of the Independent Music Association of Chile and Director of Production of Fluvial, the music festival of Valdivia.
- Fabrizio Onetto, head of the record label OCESA Seitrack and throughout his long career has collaborated in the development of the careers of different artists.
- Amie Therrien, Executive Director of MMF Canada, an organization that supports independent artists and managers, and Chairman of the Board of Folk Music Ontario.
- Nuria Rico, Director of Ticketing at Live Nation Madrid and with a professional career of more than 20 years in live music in Spain. She is a founding member of the MIM Association (Association of Women in the Music Industry).
- Tali Carreto, founder and director of Alhambra Monkey Week and member of La Mota Comunicación & Eventos, in charge of cultural management that works to promote artists such as Makandé or El Canijo de Jerez, among others.
- Jess Kinn, agent at One Fiinix Live and with a career that has led him to work at Wasserman and in the shows of artists such as Shawn Mendes, Alan Walker or Halsey and many more.
- Eduardo Fernandez, Undersecretary of Culture and Sports of the Ministry of Culture and Sports of Spain and previously General Assistant Director of Music and Dance.
AMF presents each year a guest country or “focus” country with presentations, conversations, interviews, round tables and special performances from this country. The guest country of this first edition of AMF will be MEXICO, with a broad representation of professionals and artists from the country within the world music industry.
Through an elaborate selection of conferences, sessions, panels, workshops and masterclasses, we offer an area for debate that fosters development, advancement and evolution within the industry. All this will take place in the incomparable CINE ALBENIZ building in Malaga.
Music unites us!
We would like to give thanks to the writer of this write-up for this incredible material
Andalucía Music Forum 2022: the meeting of the music industry in southern Europe