SEOUL, June 30 (Yonhap) – A large-scale K-pop concert will be held next month, in person, for the first time since the outbreak of the novel coronavirus pandemic began, following the easing of the rules. of social distancing, said Tuesday, the Federation of Representative Agencies of South Korea (KMF, according to its acronym in English).
The KMF announced that the K-pop concert, co-organized with South Korean television station Arirang TV, will take place in person on July 17 at the Olympic Park, located in the Songpa district of Seoul, with a capacity of approximately 2,000 seats.
A total of 26 artists will participate in the concert, including K-pop music groups such as NCT Dream, OH MY GIRL, Brave Girls, AB6IX, and CIX, and ballad singers such as Kim Tae-woo and Baek Ji-young.
In compliance with the epidemiological prevention rules, in the concert hall there will be empty seats between seats and spectators must wear masks, undergo a body temperature check, complete a questionnaire on their state of health and register the entrance based on response codes quick (QR).
No in-person K-pop concerts have been held since February last year, following the COVID-19 outbreak.
However, the Government recently eased antivirus restrictions in concert halls, increasing the limit of spectators to 4,000 people, compared to the previous limit of less than 100. Concert halls will be able to receive up to 5,000 people from next month.
The KMF said the concert will be an important milestone in charting a new course for K-pop concerts in the future, adding that it hopes the concert will be a success, serving as a signal for the return to normality of everyday life. .