How do you visualize your old age? Like a moment of peace? Reconciling? Well, it is not always like that, so Arturo ripstein Y Paz Alicia Garciadiego show another approach to this stage of life in the Mexican movie The Devil between the legs.
This creative duo knows that many of the demons that have accompanied us throughout our lives, still persist during old age and even tend to be accentuated, and this is what they wanted to capture on the screen.
The Devil between the legs is a collection of grievances between an older couple, in which the technical skill of her classic sequence shots and black humor make her into one of the best films by Ripstein and Garciadiego.
What is the movie about The Devil between the legs?
The story revolves around Beatriz, who is played by Sylvia Pasquel. She lives in a large house with her husband “the old man”, a role that falls to the actor. Alexander Suarez.
This elderly couple no longer even sleeps in the same bed and their home has become the scene of their terrible fights. He constantly humiliates his wife, while she writes all the insults her husband does to her in a notebook.
The man keeps complaining about Beatriz’s alleged infidelity, he even talks about it with his own lover, played by actress Patricia Reyes Spíndola.
When Beatriz gets tired of all the gossip and gossip, she decides that it is time to agree with her husband and go out looking for sex on the street, someone who will satisfy her in that sense.
(Photo: Alebrije Cine y Video)
The Devil between the legs It is a film that speaks without taboos about sex in the elderly. We see the protagonists masturbate and undress without shame, showing their flaccid bodies full of wrinkles, but full of lust.
To who De10.mx We tell you some curiosities of this Mexican film that you have to see …
10 movie facts The Devil between the legs
1. The Devil between the legs features performances by Silvia Pasquel, Alejandro Suárez, Patricia Reyes Spíndola, Daniel Giménez Cacho and Greta Cervantes.
2. Paz Alicia Garciadiego wrote the script for the film, but thought it would be impossible to film the film because sexuality in old age is a controversial issue that most people in Mexico do not want to see on screen.
3. According to Arturo Ripstein, Alexander Suarez he was terrified because his entire career has been devoted to comedy and The Devil between the legs It is totally the opposite of what he has done. Everyone realized his talent and abilities, except Suárez, who never believed he could do it.
(Photo: Alebrije Cine y Video)
4. Both Ripstein and Garciadiego claim that this is a film about love that is always devious and twisted.
5. Like his last two tapes, The Devil between the legs It was filmed in black and white, because according to Ripstein, it gives it a very concrete intensity and beauty.
6. The Devil Between the Legs It premiered within the framework of the Toronto International Film Festival in September 2019 and then had a gala at the Morelia International Film Festival.
7. Its commercial premiere was scheduled for March 20, 2020, but was delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic. It finally arrived in theaters, in May of this 2021.
8. In order to Sylvia Pasquel represents the most important and challenging role of her career, mainly because she is a woman and because of her age. “I demanded to get rid of many satanisms and feelings of shame that women have when we see ourselves naked in body and soul,” he said.
9. The specialized critic assures that It is one of the best films that Arturo Ripstein has filmed in recent years. It is described as a brutal, dark portrait with great social criticism.
10. The Devil between the legs is a film that portrays machismo and sex in old age, in a way that has rarely been seen.
Don’t miss the latest news from De10.mx on Google News, follow us here
We share this video about Katy Jurado: