What is backup in WhatsApp? As its name implies, it is an exact copy of all your conversations, including the text, photos, videos, Word documents, Excel, PDF, etc., that you have sent to each of your contacts.
The goal of the tool is that you do not lose this information when your mobile device breaks down, you are the victim of a theft or you change equipment. Now, WhatsApp allows you to encrypt your backups on Google Drive (the cloud).
LOOK | WhatsApp: how to get only certain contacts to see my profile picture and last connection
By 2016, users of WhatsApp They were requesting that the conversations be private, so much was the insistence that the application of green color implemented the end-to-end encryption, what is this? It is a security system where only the users who communicate can read, see or know everything that is sent, it also works for group chats.
The feature we just mentioned is now available in backups, it means that no one will know what is in that file even if you save it to Google Drive or iCloud. It is important to clarify that at the moment only beta users of WhatsApp can access this benefit, however, everything indicates that it will soon reach the stable version of the app on iOS and Android, as was published by Mark Zuckerberg himself through his official account of Facebook.
“We are adding another layer of privacy and security to WhatsApp– An end-to-end encryption option for the backups that people choose to store on Google Drive or iCloud. (…) Getting there was a difficult and technical challenge that required a new framework for key storage and cloud storage on all operating systems “said the Facebook CEO.
How to download the beta of WhatsApp on Android
- First, log in here from your Android mobile and click on ‘Become a verifier’.
- Then, click on ‘You can download it on Google Play’.
- The Play Store will open for you to download WhatsApp Beta.
- If you already have the trial version installed, you will only have to update it.
How to download the beta of WhatsApp on iOS
- The first thing to do is download TestFlight in the App Store.
- When you have installed it, simply open this link to apply for a position in WhatsApp Beta for iPhone
- Now you should be redirected back to TestFlight.
- Hit Accept to get the job and it won’t take long for WhatsApp beta to get installed on your device.
- It should be noted that on iPhone the participants of the WhatsApp beta are a little more limited.
How to encrypt backups on WhatsApp
- When I have converted WhatsApp in its beta version, you have to press the three vertical dots located in the upper right corner.
- Now, go to ‘Settings’ and then to ‘Chats’.
- Find and touch the ‘Backup’ section.
- Finally, click on the ‘Encrypt your Backups’ option to enable end-to-end encryption.
Do you have a problem with WhatsApp? Do you need to report it? If you have any kind of problem, then you should write to their contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You can also make the same request from your iPhone through the exclusive service for iOS.
Now if you need to make a general query, you can fill in the form using this link. There you simply have to put your phone number, in addition to the code of your region, and then write your message after identifying yourself.