What is and what is Telegram for?
Per se, Telegram is a application instant messaging available to use on our cell phones, regardless of whether it is Android either iOSalthough it also has the web version available for macOS, Linux Y windows.
The app was created by the brothers Pavel and Nikolai Durovbeing officially launched on October 20, 2013. In this case, a protocol of personalized data, open and optimized in order to work with a large number of connections at the same time.
What are the functions of Telegram?
Although it is a application of written messaging, it should be noted that it has multiple functions that can be useful for us to carry out some of its own and exclusive tasks of said software, in addition to having others similar to WhatsApp. Some of the main functions that we have available are:
- you can send messages, photos, videos and files of any type.
- You have the option to create groups of up to 200,000 people.
- you can do Voice calls and video calls with end-to-end encryption.
- Leaves you create bots using the Telegram API.
- You can also use a Animated GIF finder, photo editor and sticker platform open.
- It allows you store data in the cloud.
- There are also the secret chats.
- you can send self destruct messagesin addition to photos and videos with the same capacity.
- leaves you too Find friends of the area to speak.
- you can exchange contacts with the option “people nearby“.
What differences exist between WhatsApp and Telegram?
The main difference is that Telegram is a messaging application that is permanently synced to the cloudsomething that WhatsApp never succeeded. Thanks to this, you can access your Telegram account from different places, without depending on some devices on others.
In addition, Telegram allows you to share a unlimited number of photos, videos and files (doc, zip, mp3, etc.) of up to 2GB each, while WhatsApp lets you send files up to 20mb. On the other hand, the Telegram APIs and your code are openso that your developers can create their own applications linkable to Telegram.
Another elementary difference is the botswhich are a series of third party applications which can only be executed within Telegram, and they do not need to be installed. since they are integrated in the app, making it possible to use them as if it were one more person with whom we interact. This control is done through messages determined by specific commands or instructionsso that the required actions can be performed.
The groups of Telegram They also differ from those of WhatsApp in the number of participants. While the app owned by mark zuckerberg limit the number of people per group to 1,024in the app there is a maximum of up to 200,000 users.
We would love to give thanks to the writer of this write-up for this remarkable content
Telegram: What is it, what are its advantages and what is the difference with WhatsApp?