The American magazine Forbes published the ranking of the richest people in the world, in which 2,668 billionaires appear this year, including seven Argentines.
The select group concentrates a joint fortune of 12.7 billion dollars, which means US$ 400,000 million less than in 2021.
Despite the decline in the collective valuation and the reduction of 87 people on the list, Forbes detailed that more than 1,000 billionaires are richer than a year ago and 236 joined the traditional payroll during the last year.
The ranking is headed by Tesla and Space X founder Elon Musk, ahead of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and Bernardo Arnault, who oversees the LVMH empire of some 70 fashion and cosmetics brands, in the top three.
The biggest Argentine billionaires are:
* Mark Galperin: The founder and CEO of Mercado Libre had joined the prestigious group of the 500 richest in the world in 2021, ranking 440th in the ranking, but now he has dropped to 764, with a fortune that Forbes estimates at US$3.9 billion.
* Paolo and Gianfelice Rocca, also in position 764: they are the leaders of the Techint Group, the industrial firm founded by his grandfather Agostino in 1945, in Argentina. The firm specializes in the production of steel and tubes for the oil industry, in addition to being active in the exploitation of hydrocarbons (oil and gas) and in the health business. According to Forbes, the family’s wealth – whose origins are Italian – grew by $200 million in 2021, to $3.9 billion.
* Gregorio Perez Companc: The Pérez Companc family has a great diversification of businesses, with a strong presence in food, telecommunications and energy. Although a large part of his companies were sold to Petrobras in 2002, he has a fortune of US$2.8 billion. It appears in position 1,096.
* Alberto Roemmer: is the majority owner of Laboratorios Roemmers, the largest pharmaceutical company in Argentina. He rose from 1,444 to 1,292, even though his fortune fell from $3 billion to $2.4 billion.
* Alexander Bulgheroni: he commands Pan American Energy Group, the largest private oil company in the country and his fortune amounts to US$ 1,900 million, which places him in position 1,579 on the Forbes list (down 654 positions, from number 925 in which he was located in the previous edition).
* Eduardo Constantini: the owner of Grupo Consultatio, dedicated to real estate, and founder of Malba and Nordelta, was not in the ranking last year. He is now ranked 1,929th, with a fortune that, according to the North American magazine, amounts to US $1,500 million.
* Edward Eurnekian: The Argentine of Armenian origin owns a fortune estimated at US$ 1,500 million. He is a mentor to dozens of companies, with more than 10,000 employees. He climbed up the Forbes ranking, going from 2,263 in 2021 to 1,929 today.
“Top ten” of world billionaires:
1) Elon Musk, owner of Tesla, with US $ 219,000 million.
2) Jeff Bezos, owner of Amazon, with US $ 171,000 million.
3) Bernardo Arnault and family, from LVMH, with US$ 158,000 million.
4) Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, with US $ 129,000 million.
5) Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway with $118 billion.
6) Larry Page, co-founder of Google, with US $ 111,000 million.
7) Sergey Brin, of Google, with US $ 107,000 million.
8) Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle, with US $ 106,000 million.
9) Steve Ballmer, of Microsoft, with US $ 91,400 million.
10) Mukesh Ambani, of Reliance Industries, with US$90.7 billion.
We would love to give thanks to the writer of this write-up for this incredible material
Seven Argentines make up the ranking of the richest in the world | The Journal of the Republic