- When she traveled to the United States to make a name for herself in Hollywood, Ana de Armas did not know English.
- She left her native Cuba thanks to the fact that she had Spanish citizenship through her maternal grandparents.
- In addition to standing out in the cinema, the Cuban has also been the protagonist of music videos.
- Why did Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas end their relationship?
After Netflix released the first trailer for “Blonde”the film that will narrate the life of Marilyn Monroepeople turned to social networks to make it a trend to Anne of Armsthe actress who will give life to this iconic Hollywood character.
If you are also one of the people who wants to know who this actress is, whom we will see represent the woman who became the emblem of the sexual revolution of the 50s and 60s; Don’t worry, we’ll tell you about it later.
Before we told you that the film was based on the successful novel by Joyce Carol Oates, of the same name, and will hit the streaming platform on September 23, 2022.
1. DATA OF ANA DE ARMAS
- Full name: Ana Celia de Armas Case
- Place of birth: Havana
- Nationality: Cuban
- Birthday: April 30th
- Year of birth: 1988
- Age: 34 years
- Zodiac sign: Taurus
- Instagram: @ana_d_armas
2. YOUR FAMILY
The parents of the talented actress are Ramón de Armas and Ana Caso. While his father, who had studied Philosophy at a Soviet university, was a bank manager, teacher, school director and deputy mayor of a city; his mother worked in the Human Resources section of the Cuban Ministry of Education.
He has an older brother named Javier, he is a photographer and lives in New York. In 2020, he was questioned by the Cuban authorities for his critical stance on Decree 349, which seeks to subjugate artistic expression to the interests of the State, which is why he was under government surveillance.
3. A CHILDHOOD WITH DEFICIENCIES, BUT HAPPY
Anne of Arms grew up in Santa Cruz del Norte. His childhood and her adolescence were lived with food rationing, fuel shortages and electricity cuts. He even revealed that by not having access to the internet, she had limited knowledge of popular culture beyond Cuba.
The most she was allowed to watch was 20 minutes of cartoons on Saturdays and the movie matinee on Sundays, but since her family didn’t have a VCR, she went to her neighbor’s apartment. When she returned to her house, she had memorized the lines and practiced them in front of a mirror. Despite her shortcomings, she lived a happy stage with her surroundings. “In a way, it just made it more special”he recalled in an interview with Net to Porter.
4. BEGINNINGS IN ACTING
At the age of 12, she was clear that she wanted to become an actress.. Two years later, at 14, he auditioned to join Cuba’s National School of Art. After getting his admission, he had to travel by bus every day for his classes.
While studying, he shot three movies. When she was projecting to succeed, Ana she dropped out of her theater course shortly before submitting her final thesis after learning that Cuban graduates were prohibited from leaving the country without completing three years of mandatory service in the state. At that moment, she realized that she had to leave. “I always knew what to expect. He knew the limitations of the country, in terms of production. [Me] I had to go”pointed to the same medium.
5. ANA DE ARMAS LEAVES CUBA AND GOES TO SPAIN
De Armas said that before he turned 18 he was clear that he should leave Cuba, something that happened when he came of age. He managed to get out of it thanks to his Spanish citizenship from his maternal grandparents. “My parents have been very supportive, I was lucky. But it was me going into the unknown. I was like, ‘This is what I’m going to do with my life.’ I put myself in their shoes and now I realize what they were thinking and how terrifying it must have been.”he stated in an interview with Net to Porter.
It was thus that she moved to Madrid to pursue her career as an actress.. As soon as she arrived, two weeks later, she met with the casting director Luis San Narciso, who had seen her in “A Rose from France” and two months later he got a role in “El internado”. Thanks to her participation in this series as Carolina Leal, Ana gained popularity in the Motherland.
6. WHY DID YOU ASK TO ELIMINATE YOUR CHARACTER IN “THE INTERNSHIP”?
Because her character in “El internado” led her to only receive offers for teenage roles, Ana de Armas asked to be eliminated in the second season, but in the end she continued until the sixth installment.
7. HE LOOKS FOR A FUTURE IN HOLLYWOOD, BUT HE DIDN’T KNOW ENGLISH
In 2014, he decides to make a name for himself in Hollywood, but there was a problem: he did not know English., which is why he started his career from scratch. His first days in California were very hard, since he could not communicate with his agents and manager because of the language.
He recalled that in one of the meetings with filmmakers and casting directors, one told him: “Well, we’ll talk again in a couple of years.”; that is, that she was going to contact her when she spoke better English. But she did not hesitate to reply: “No, we talk in two months [le dije]. He laughed and said, ‘You’re crazy, you can’t do it.’ But within two months, he was already auditioning for big movies.”he told in an interview Magazine C.
8. STARTS HIS CAREER IN HOLLYWOOD
His Hollywood debut was opposite Keanu Reeves in the erotic horror thriller “Knock Knock” (2015), for which he phonetically learned his lines, as did “War Dogs” (2016). Then came more films, among which stand out: “Exposed” (2016), “Hands of Stone” (2016)”, “Blade Runner 2049” (2017), “Overdrive” (2017), “Heart of John Hillcoat” (2018 ), “Knives Out” (2019), “The Informer” (2020), “Sergio” (2020), “La Red Avispa” and “No Time to Die” (2021).
Also, in 2022 she starred in “Deep Water”, an erotic thriller, and soon we will see her in “Blonde” as Marilyn Monroe.
9. ANA DE ARMAS RECORDED VIDEO CLIPS
- In 2009: Sidecars’ “Fragile World”
- In 2011: “Gipsy funky love me do” by Rosario Flores
- In 2018: “Everyday” of Orishas
- In 2019, National Board of Review in the Best Ensemble category for “Knives Out”.
- In 2019, Golden Schmoes Awards for Breakthrough Performance of the Year for “Knives Out”.
- In 2020, Satellite Awards in the category Best Ensemble in a Motion Picture for “Knives Out”.
- In 2020, Union of Actors and Actresses Awards for Best Actress in an International Production for “Knives Out”.
- In 2021, Saturn Awards in the Best Supporting Actress category for “Knives Out”.
- In 2022, Union of Actors and Actresses Awards for Best Actress in an international production for “No time to die”.
11. SENTIMENTAL LIFE OF ANA DE ARMAS
Currently, the heart of Ana de Armas has no owner, so we tell you who her ex-partners were.
- In mid-2010, the Cuban had a relationship with the Spanish actor Marc Clotet, whom she married in July 2011, but they divorced in early 2013.
- She began an affair with the Spanish director and screenwriter David Victori. Her love story was from mid-2013 to mid-2014.
- She got engaged to American talent agent Franklin Latt, but they broke up. They were from 2015 to 2016.
- She dated Cuban painter Alejandro Piñeiro Bello from 2017 to 2018.
- She had a one-year courtship with Ben Affleck, whom she met on the set of “Deep Water” (2019). They ended in 2021.
We want to thank the writer of this write-up for this outstanding web content
Who is Ana de Armas, the actress who plays Marilyn Monroe on Netflix and who was Ben Affleck’s girlfriend