If you liked “The Son” by Hugh Jackman, we present here 5 movies that you cannot miss on Netflix.
Hugh Jackmanaccompanied by Vanessa Kirby and Laura Dernstarred ‘The son‘ in 2022 and the film quickly became a worldwide hit. Here, he discovers some of the most recommended drama movies.
Hugh Jackman is not only one of the most versatile actors of the generation, but also one of the most successful in his filmography. The winning star oscar released ‘El Hijo’ in Netflix last year and the drama continues to be one of the most watched on the platform.
The story follows his character, Peterwho leads a hectic life with his new partner Beth and his baby, which becomes complicated when his ex-wife Kate appears with his teenage son, Nicholas.
Top 5 drama movies in the style of ‘El Hijo’
- ‘All Together Now‘ (2020) – Cast: Auli’i Cravalho, Rhenzy Feliz, Justina Machado, Judy Reyes, Gerald Isaac Waters, Taylor Richardson, Fred Armisen, Carol Burnett and more.
Plot: Amber, a musically gifted high school student who aspires to get into college and exudes optimism, combines her beloved drama club with long hours of work to help her mother.
- ‘Les Miserables‘ (2012) – Cast: Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Russell Crowe, Amanda Seyfried, Sacha Baron Cohen, Helena Bonham Carter, Aaron Tveit, Eddie Redmayne, Samantha Barks and more.
Plot: An adaptation of the hit musical based on Victor Hugo’s classic novel set in 19th century France, in which a freed prisoner named Jean Valjean seeks redemption.
- ‘Rome‘ (2018) – Cast: Yalitza Aparicio, Marina de Tavira, Diego Cortina Autrey, Carlos Peralta, Marco Graf, Daniela Demesa, Nancy García García and more.
Plot: In 1970s Mexico City, two housekeepers help a mother of four while her husband is away for an extended period of time.
- ‘stepmom‘ (1998) – Cast: Julia Roberts, Ed Harris, Susan Sarandon, Jena Malone, Liam Aiken, Lynn Whitfield, Darrell Larson, Mary Louise Wilson and more.
Plot: Jackie is a divorced mother of two. Isabel is the career-oriented girlfriend of Jackie’s ex-husband, Luke, forced into the role of unwelcome stepmother to her children. But when Jackie discovers that she is ill, both women realize they must put their differences aside to find common ground and celebrate life to the fullest while they have the chance.
- ‘Still Alice‘ (2014) – Cast: Julianne Moore, Alec Baldwin, Kristen Stewart, Kate Bosworth, Shane McRae, Hunter Parrish, Erin Darke and more.
Plot: Alice Howland, happily married with three grown children, is a renowned linguistics professor who begins to forget words. When she receives a devastating diagnosis, Alice and her family find their bonds put to the test.
We want to say thanks to the writer of this write-up for this awesome content
Netflix: 5 movies to watch if you enjoyed Hugh Jackman’s “The Son”