Jason Momoa apologizes after taking photos inside the Sistine Chapel – Reuters News in France and abroad

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Jason Momoa apologizes after taking photos and videos on a recent trip to the Sistine Chapel.

Earlier this week, the “Aquaman” star took instagram to share photos he took of himself admiring the artwork inside the Apostolic Palace. The only problem is that photography is prohibited, as the flash can be harmful to the work.

“I LOVE YOU ITALY what a beautiful start to the day enjoying ROMA,” Momoa captioned her post. Fans were outraged and some even believed the 42-year-old actor had received special treatment.

Jason Mamoa attends the ‘Dune’ UK Special Screening at Odeon Luxe Leicester Square on October 18, 2021 in London, England.
(Photo by Samir Hussein/WireImage via Getty Images)

“We ordinary people are not allowed to film inside the Sistine Chapel,” one user commented. Another fan said: “We can’t take pictures but of course celebrities can’t do anything against Jason (I love him) but that’s not fair.”

JASON MOMOA AND LISA BONET SEPARATE AFTER 5 YEARS OF MARRIAGE

After Momoa received the backlash, he posted an apology video which was shared by Just Jared.

“I also just wanted to say, if you ever felt that I was disrespecting your culture, that was not my intention,” Momoa said.

Jason Momoa arrives at the premiere of Warner Bros.’ ‘Aquaman’. Pictures at the Chinese Theater on December 12, 2018 in Los Angeles, California.
(Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

“I came here when I was 19 or 20 to experience the Sistine Chapel. I always wanted to and now that I can I have made a wonderful donation to bring my friends and crew as we only had a few days off to experience these places.”

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

He continued: “And then I found out that people wanted to take pictures with me, which is very strange, on a trip to the Vatican with all this wonder and they want to take pictures with me, which I do not understand, but whatever, I did.

“I was very respectful and asked permission for what I thought was okay. I would never want to do anything to disrespect someone’s culture. If I did, I apologize. It was not my intention. I paid to have this private moment and made a beautiful donation to the church. I like you. I’m sorry if I offended you.

Jason Momoa is seen while filming Fast and Furious 10 on May 13, 2022 in Rome, Italy.

Jason Momoa is seen while filming Fast and Furious 10 on May 13, 2022 in Rome, Italy.
(Photo by Ernesto Ruscio/GC Images)

In addition to visiting historic sites in Italy, Momoa has been filming for his upcoming movie “Fast X.” It is the sequel to “F9” and is the 10th main installment in the “Fast & Furious” franchise.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The film – which also stars Vin Diesel, Charlize Theron, Sung Kang and John Cena – has a May 2023 release date.

We would love to thank the writer of this post for this outstanding content

Jason Momoa apologizes after taking photos inside the Sistine Chapel – Reuters News in France and abroad